1. Union with Christ is the life-sustaining, ministry-sustaining reality of the gospel.
2. Unhurried time to study and pray is more essential in my life than I had previously given time for.
3. Minnesota in February is cold. Seriously.
4. My heroes are old, wise, steady pastors. The world will never know their names.
5. I was never asked how big my church was this week. This is rare and wonderful at a pastors conference.
6. This isn't the "cool kids" conference.
7. BOOKS! FREE BOOKS!!
8. He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not with him graciously give us all things? - Romans 8:32
9. Hudson Taylor is a new church history hero.
10. The vine-dresser does everything necessary to ensure the fruitfulness of the branches.
11. Fellowship with old friends was a means of grace this week. They hold the rope for me.
12. One of the single most practical things John Piper has taught me is how to study the Bible. Slow, steady, patient, curious, thoughtful.
13. I'm grateful to my church for sending me.
14. I missed my family so much. Can't wait to kiss my wife and hug my kids.