Monday seems to be a good day for me to compile a little list of some interesting links and articles that I've come across in the week on the Internet. Occasionally I might kick in a book or some sort of physical media that I've read but for the most part these will be articles and such that I can directly link to. Enjoy reading
- It seems I'm not the only one thinking about the over-glorification of urban ministry. Carl Trueman says it better however. [See my post about the issue too].
- If the pastor's primary responsibility is to see to the preaching of the Scriptures why do we saddle them with so many other things? Derek Thomas asks a provocative question.
- Kevin DeYoung gives us some excellent principles for corporate singing in the church. Check out Part 1 and Part 2.
- My friend Jeremiah is giving an airtight argument on why the Cubs should fire their general manager, Jim Hendry. Exhibit A and Exhibit B are conclusive enough.
- The most recent 9Marks journal on the pastor an his staff is excellent. Here are two posts every lead pastor and associate pastor should read. Actually, just read the whole journal. Good stuff.
That should keep you busy this week. Feel free to comment with your own articles or link that you think I would benefit from reading. I'll try and keep this up each week as I come across helpful or interesting things.