1. Most days when I wear my Mizzou t-shirts people just think I'm wearing a Wichita State shirt.
2. Panera Bread. Chick-fil-a. Sonic. Starbucks. Chipotle. Jimmy John's. Repeat.
3. The best coffee in Wichita isn't at the place that claims to have the best coffee in Wichita.
4. Luther Burbank has no power over me here.
5. You should only be fearful of tornados when the locals go into the basements themselves.
6. Lots of people go to church. That doesn't mean lots of people love Jesus.
7. The "fresh" label on seafood in a landlocked state in the middle of the continent really means "days old."
8. When I tell people I'm from California they give me a look like I'm from a different country. Like Europe.
9. There is a reason some houses are over a hundred years old in Tornado Alley. Live in one of those homes.
10. Kansas isn't flat. Okay, yes it is.