Daylight Savings "spring forward" transitions are for the birds.
Automobile maintenance is also for the birds.
I want to write a weekly fantasy baseball column this year. It'll be as if the team I draft is a real team, facing real things, putting me in the cellar on a weekly basis. I'm sure no one will be interested.
The kids are having Spring Break sleepovers this week. Basically they sleep in the same room and keep each other up goofing off until I go to bed.
Go back and rewatch LOST. Better yet, watch LOST with someone who hasn't seen it all yet. Too much fun.
- So far there have been (at this writing) 164 entries into my giveaway. There's still time for you to join the party!
- Reading in Judges right now. Sobering how often Israel "forgot the Lord." I'm afraid I'm not the exception to that statement.
- I'm a vintage man. Safety razors, fountain pens, and a french press. Who need modern machinery?
- I'm being a homer this year and cheering for Wichita St. to win the NCAA Tournament.
- I'm nervous and excited and anxious and excited over the way God has been orchestrating details for Journey the Way to own a building.
- The church isn't a building. The church is a people. Churches steward buildings for the glory of God. That even means being missional stewards.
- I've been blessed and encouraged beyond measure this week. God's kindness to me brings me to my knees. I don't deserve even a pin-drop of it.
- My wife is my biggest fan and supporter. She gave me a five-star review the first time around.
Today my latest article, "When People Can't Listen" was posted over at GCD. Here's an excerpt:
Frustration was brewing toward the Coleman family. Again and again and again Pastor Seth and the elders of the church had met with the family to encourage, counsel, and challenge them. Being the good “gospel-centered” church that they were, they demonstrated the glory of God and his goodness to them. They opened the Word of truth to them and called them to faith and obedience. They did everything “right” and by the book. Law, gospel, grace, and glory were all there in parts of their counseling. But the response of the Coleman’s hearts hadn’t changed. There might have been some momentary transitions in behavior, but they were really just momentary.
Visit Gospel-Centered Discipleship for the whole article. Be sure to check back in two weeks as well for the new site design there. I've heard it is going to be really helpful.
Also a few of you have asked lately what the status is of everPresent (my upcoming book). I'm very excited that it's in the finishing editorial phases and has a street date of March 17, 2014. There are a few places in the book that need a bit more paint and some touching up to do but the release is in sight and I am really eager to see it out and engaging lives. I asked my Gospel Community the other night to be in prayer for the launch that the Lord the would cause the book to bear fruit and help people live on mission well where ever they are at.
Will you please join me in that prayer?